Friday, April 2, 2010

Definite progress!

2. Walk in the Lupus Walk-a-Thon.
I registered! Please donate!
http://donate.lupus.org/goto/stefanie.wolf


4. Send Ari a care package to Israel before he actually comes home.
I sent an email to the friends and am planning on getting everything together for when I get home from Chicago.


8. Participate in a marathon - even if you're not really trying to win.
Taking a "Learning to Run" class with Meghan - anyone else wanna come? Yes, it seems silly...but I think it could be a good way to start.

Learn to Run - Sports Apparel Discounts & Happy Hour Prices - FREE

Are you ready to learn how to run? Yea.. learn. There is actually a lot to know about running. People run for so many reasons: Fresh air, exercise, friends, accomplishment, and to eat like a pig when you’re done running.

Some of you may even have a goal to run a marathon (awesome). In 2008 I literally ran for the first time (not counting running for the train), I didn’t think I would ever be able to do it, but I did! Not to mention I had a ton of fun doing it. (See my Journal here)
Our friends at
Urban Athletics has offered to provide a FREE intro training session to running. They will provide a great overview of everything you will need to run safely without injury. Not to mention they are also giving us some CRAZY apparel & sneaker DISCOUNTS.
After our training session and a light run.. the real fun begins at the bar with some more incredible deals!
When: Friday, May 7th
Time: 7:00 PM (be there 15 min earlier)
Where: Urban Athletics - 1291 Madison Avenue @ 92nd Street
What to wear: Workout clothes, be prepared for a light run
Level: First Timers - Advanced (Any size, age, or fitness level welcomed)
What this session will include:
- Bag check (All bags will be locked up in the store)
- Several trained running instructors
- Learn proper running form
- Learn ways to increase speed and endurance
- Nutrition for running
- Equipment to use
- A light run
- Cheap drinks and a lot of fun

Discounts:
- In store discount of 15% off ALL full priced merchandise
- Plus a huge selection for 50% off
Bar Deal:
Location: DYLAN MURPHY'S - 82nd and 3rd
Deal: $5 Wine, $4 Well Drinks, $4 Domestic Bottles, $4 Bud light, Yuengling and Magic Hats
Logistics:
6:45 - Check in with Will or Cecilia for a name tag
7:00 - Class begins in store lecture
7:30 -jog/walk to central park
8:00 - We go for a light jog (people will be split into walking, really slow, slow, intermediate, etc..)
8:45 - We cool down and stretch and return to store. (Store is staying open late for deal shopping- especially for us!)
9:00 - We get our drink on @ Dylan's Murphy's pub
Participating Companies/Groups:
Urban Athletics
Dylan Murphy's


9. Give up cheese for one whole month.
This will start as soon as I get back from Chicago, April 5 - May 5 (celebration of Cinco de Mayo quesadillas!!)


11. Read 7 new books that you're not afraid to admit to others you've read.
I finished White Noise!! I'm now a couple pages into Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex. Totally not embarrassed by either - I'm on my way!


21. Go to wineries that aren't on Long Island.
Did it AGAIN! Went to a winery in Chicago (why on earth are there wineries here???) I had a sample of blackberry wine and bought a pear (!!!) wine. Excited!


23. Put $5,000 into savings.
Does it count if it's money from new loans? I did just get an upgrade in job status, though - so that should help. I'm now doing birthday parties for the science company and that upgrades me from $40/hr to $50 PLUS tips ($20-$80 usually) - HOORAY! I'm also going to be working at the JCC doing an art/science program part time in the summer and part time doing the science day camp (so 30 hrs a week, regularly, for 7-8 weeks). This should mean good money-making for meeeee!


30. Do something, purely for the story.
I'm in Chicago right now, visiting Rob. I don't know how much this is entirely for a story, and how much is for just life happiness...but there is definite story potential here. To be built upon...

No comments:

Post a Comment